Blenders Notes Genmaicha:
Genmaicha is a Japanese brown rice green tea consisting of green tea mixed with roasted popped brown rice. It is sometimes referred to colloquially as “popcorn tea” because a few grains of the rice pop during the roasting process and resemble popcorn, or as “people’s tea”, as the rice served as a filler and reduced the price of the tea, making it more available for poorer Japanese. Today all segments of society drink Genmaicha. It was also used by people fasting for religious purposes or who found themselves to be between meals for long periods of time. The sugar and starch from the rice cause the tea to have a warm, full, nutty flavor. It is considered easy to drink and to make the stomach feel better. Tea steeped from genmaicha has a light-yellow hue. Its flavor is mild and combines the fresh grassy flavor of green tea with the aroma of the roasted rice.
- Leaves can be infused twice (Double the tea for same price!)
- Smooth and Grassy – Light Colour Cup of Tea
- Nutty aftertaste from the Rice
- Full of natural antioxidants and EGCG – Fat Burner
- Sample Size ~ 1 oz will make 8-10 ~ 16 oz teas
- Sealed Bag ~ 4 oz will make 32-40 ~ 16 oz teas
- Iced Tea ~ Always Double the amount of Tea for the same size of cup!
- Per Serving ~ 1 tsp per 6 oz of H2O
- Caffeine: Medium
Ingredients: Organic and Wildcrafted Japanese Genmaicha.
Alternatively, try our Zhen Mei Green Tea or Dragonwell Green Tea.
Great article on the health benefits of Green Tea! https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/top-10-evidence-based-health-benefits-of-green-tea