Blenders Notes Black on Green:
Sencha Green tea can be sourced from both China and Japan. Contrary to Japan, China has refined the art of processing tea leaves in many different ways – from roasted, rolled oolong tea, to the smoke of Lapsang – by techniques handed down through the generations. Chinese Green Teas are generally sweeter with a toasty lively, and bursting with delicate spring flavour. Japanese ones are often vegetal and brisker, often bitter if over-brewed. It is especially evident in the Sencha Green Tea.
In the processing of Chinese green tea, the leaves become slightly fermented. … Instead Japanese green tea tends to taste sweeter than Chinese green tea. (Contrarily, Japanese green tea also contains more chlorophyll, which some green tea drinkers find too “grassy” for their tastes.). Japanese green teas are traditionally steamed, while the Chinese ones are pan-fired. Steaming gives a different flavor profile and color. Moreover, steaming or pan-firing influence the amount of EGCG, a catechin abundantly found in green tea. Furthermore, Japanese green teas are generally not withered, which is an important step in producing Chinese teas.
One of our most popular Green Teas. We have combined Chinese Sencha Green Tea with pieces of Blackberry and Blackberry Leaves. Chinese Sencha Green is a very light green tea that has been steamed and slightly flattened and dried. It has great aromatics picking up the a great peach taste and looks beautiful in the basket! This is one of the first teas we blended and is still an awesome seller. Great choice if you are new to tea!
Features Black on Green:
- Leaves can be infused twice (Double the tea for same price!)
- Smooth and Grassy ~ Light Tan Colour Cup of Tea
- Full of natural antioxidants and EGCG ~ Fat Burner
- Soft and naturally sweet taste from the fruit pieces
- No artificial Colors or Flavors – all Natural
- Complex taste and lots of levels of flavor
- Sample Size ~ 1 oz will make 8-10 16 oz teas
- Sealed Bag ~ 4 oz will make 32-40 16 oz teas
- Iced Tea ~ Always Double the amount of Tea for the same size of cup!
- Per Serving ~ 1 tsp per 6 oz of H2O
- Caffeine: Medium
Ingredients: Steep Me Proprietary Organic and Wildcrafted blend of Chinese Sencha Green Tea with a structured leaf and mild taste paired with freeze dried Blackberry and Blackberry Leaves
Great article on the health benefits of Green Tea! https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/top-10-evidence-based-health-benefits-of-green-tea