A traditional Green Tea from China that is dried with Jasmine flowers giving it a slightly floral taste. It is a tight rag rolled green tea that can be steeped into a light cup of tea or it can be long steeped increasing astringency and flavor making a strong cup of tea. Tea leaves are harvested in the early spring and stored until the late summer when fresh jasmine flowers are in bloom. Jasmine flowers are picked early in the day when the small petals are tightly closed. The flowers are kept cool until nightfall. During the night, jasmine flowers open, releasing their fragrance. This is when the tea scenting takes place. The tea and flowers are placed in alternating layers and it takes over four hours for the tea to absorb the fragrance of the jasmine blossoms. The scenting process may be repeated as many as six or seven times. The tea absorbs moisture from the fresh Jasmine flowers so it must be dried again to prevent spoilage.
- Leaves can be infused twice (Double the tea for same price!)
- Smooth and Grassy ~ Dark Jade Colour Cup of Tea
- Full of natural antioxidants and EGCG ~ Fat Burner
- Sample Size ~ 1 oz will make 8-10 16 oz teas
- Sealed Bag ~ 4 oz will make 32-40 16 oz teas
- Iced Tea ~ Always Double the amount of Tea for the same size of cup!
- Per Serving ~ 1 tsp per 6 oz of H2O
- Caffeine: Medium
Ingredients: Organic: The most famous scented tea in China –Chinese Zhen Mei Green Tea scented or layered with Jasmine Blossoms (a holy flower that is the symbol of forever love) that is picked in the summer and stored overnight giving the tea the scent of the flower
Why this blend is such a traditional taste with your favorite tea! All About Jasmine Tea (thespruceeats.com)