Blender’s Notes Indian Spice Chai:
Tisane or Herbal combinations are a great way to get health benefits outside of the standard tea leaf. What is Chai…In America – this specialized blend has become known as a “taste” of tea with predominantly cinnamon or cardamom notes and pairs well with dairy. Cardamom is the most common ingredient, followed by some mixture of cinnamon, ginger, star anise and cloves. Pepper, coriander, nutmeg and fennel are also used, but they are slightly less common. This combination of herbs is simply just chai spices and no tea making it completely caffeine free. This combination of spices can be steeped all day giving you a flavorful and full-bodied cup of chai.
Features Indian Spice Chai:
- Spices can be infused multiple times (Double the tea for same price!)
- Robust Blend making a nice colour and strong flavor
- Rich and Full Bodied ~ Can be Long Steeped for extra flavor
- Light Colour Cup of Tea
- Full of natural health benefits and healing qualities
- Sample Size ~ 1 oz will make 8-10 16 oz teas
- Sealed Bag ~ 6 oz will make 48-60 16 oz teas
- Iced Tea ~ Always Double the amount of Tea for the same size cup!
- Per Serving ~ 1 tsp per 6 oz of H2O
- Caffeine: None
Ingredients: Steep Me Proprietary Organic and Wildcrafted Blend of fresh Chai Spices Including Cinnamon, Fennel, Cardamom, Ginger, Anise, Cloves and Peppercorns.
Great info on the history of Chai Tea: The History of Chai Tea (thespruceeats.com)